Monday, June 3, 2013



For your Tool #10 assignment:
In YOUR blog post:

1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens.

I would want to make sure my students understand how to be safe when using social media technology, how to identify possible predators, and develop auto-control as far as healthy use of technology versus excessive uses and dangerous/harmful uses of technology.

2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally.
One resource that I might use is budd:e cybersecurity.  I still need to do some more exploring, but at first glance - it seeems to be very interesting to high school students and informative.

3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students
I would teach digital citizenship by including guidelines into my syllabus and discuss them in my first week of school, as well throughout the year as opportunities present themselves.  I would also model good citizenship in the classroom by showing examples of it whenever possible.

4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents.
I would share the idea of digital citizenship with parents by sending information home in the syllabus  and during phone/email communications whenever necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment